How To NOT Gain Weight
During The Holidays
The holiday season is the time to bring people together. Celebrate. See family…. And gain unwanted weight.?.?.?.
It’s why, in a survey done about New Years Resolutions, 45% of people had “Lose weight or get in shape” as part of their resolutions.
And this time of the year plays a BIG part in that. Between Thanksgiving (for some, Halloween!), and New Years, a lot of people gain unwanted weight. I’ve asked a few people about past years weight gains. Some said 5-10lbs, some went up to 15+lbs.
That’s a lot of weight in such a short amount of time. So, I wanted to share some tips, and tricks to combat that seasonal weight gain.
1. Maintain a normal workout routine.
2. Don’t skip workouts. 10 or 15 minutes is better than nothing.
3. Get proper sleep (less sleep= more cravings).
4. It’s ok to say NO. To seconds, extra food, more wine…
5. Fill your plate with a lot of protein and veggies. Aim for at least 70%.
6. 1 plate rule. Fill it up. No second trips.
7. For salads, choose oil based over creamy dressings
8. Be picky with food. Eat the food you REALLY want. Not just because it’s there.
9. No grazing. Hold a convo or catch up with people away from the kitchen.
10. Be mindful of snacking. Eating the cookie is fine. Eating the whole tray, not so much.
11. Don’t have back to back unhealthy meals.
12. Be mindful of alcohol. Liquid calories add up quick!
13. Go for a walk after a big meal.
14. Keep stress levels down. Meditate, do yoga.
15. Enjoy yourself! Any unwanted weight that you put on can go away once you’re back into a normal health/fitness routine.