Back with another under 500 calories snack post. Last time we went to Target and found 5 snacks
This time, we made a stop into Aldi’s (probably my favorite market!). And did the same thing.
Finding 5 healthy-ish snacks, with, per serving, calories under 500.
1. Chocolate Chip Granola Bars – 100 Calories Each
2. Trail Mix – 230 Calories Each
3. Elevation Protein Bars – 200 Calories Each
4. Boom Chicka Pop Corn – 150 Calories per serving
5. My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream – 100 Calories Each
And, that’s 5! Have you tried any of these? Do you have a favorite low cal snack?
Where should we go next???
A little while ago, I got a DM on Instagram from BugOutBar, asking if I wanted to try out their product.
A quick check of the page, and, sure. Why not?
And about a week or so later, I get a box of 12 protein bars.
My wife then asked the question, “are these made from bugs???”
Me: “No…. no… ummmm….”
And, YES! They are made from Cricket Protein. I guess I should have done more research into the bars lol!!
But, since they were here, I tried them.
Before the review, a quick breakdown of the calories and macros:
Passed the smell test. Chocolate brownie is exactly what it smells like.
Taste test: It was actually good. While it had the, expected, slight chalky-ness of a protein bar, it still had the flavor of a chocolate brownie (and not a cricket!).
Overall, I give it a 9/10 for protein bars. Especially with it being all natural!
Leave a comment on the video, and let them know about what you thought!
The BugOutBar people loved the video!
Try out some of these snacks I found in TARGET.
All under 500 calories per serving
All healthy (ish)
1. Oikos Greek Yogurt. Just 100 calories per pack
2. Sabra Snackers: Guacamole & Tortilla Chips – 220 Calories
3. Perfect Bar- 330 Calories
4. Good & Gather Quick Bites: 170 Calories per tray
5. Halo Top Birthday Cake Ice Cream: 280 Calories
That’s 5! We’ll do a part two, either in a different market or try it again in Target with different items.