As a disclaimer: I wouldn’t call myself a cook. But, I do like food, and I know a simple recipe when I see one!
Making Tofu Scramble is REALLY simple!
In under 20minutes, you can have the bulk of a 3-4 meal meal prep done ✅
What Do You Need:
1. Tofu : I would go for the either FIRM or EXTRA FIRM option. I picked mine up from Aldi’s, but they sell them just about everywhere now.
2. Ground Turmeric : It’s what gets it that yellow look
3. Oil/Spray & Seasonings: I used an olive oil spray, Garlic powder, Black pepper, and pink Himalayan salt (though I was told black Himalayan salt bring out a better taste…)
1. Heat & oil your pan
2. Drain water for tofu package. And “press” excess water from tofu.
— I just put a sheet of paper towel over and under the block of tofu, and press down, lightly—
3. Break up your tofu (I did it by hand) into your pan. The size you break them up into is up to you.
4. Use 1/4-1/2 tsp of Ground Turmeric. Start light and add more depending on the color you want, AND how much you like turmeric!
5. Mix that together until the tofu is evenly yellow.
6. Add in the seasonings of your choosing.
7. Cook for about 5-10 minutes
8. You’re done!
Total Calories: 360 (not counting if you used oil in pan)
Fat: 18g (not counting if you used oil in your pan)
Those numbers are for a whole pack of tofu. You can split it up into 2-3-4 meals. Add some veggies, potatoes, & or plant based protein subs, for a solid breakfast meal prep!